29 November 2009

The Journey Begins

Last few weeks have been a bit stunning. Found a lump on my neck. MRI, biopsy, PET scan indicating malignancy but not sure of specific diagnosis. Final biopsy tomorrow to determine exact type of cancer and determine course of treatment. Not sure where this is headed but seems like it will be a bumpy ride at least in the near future. Great support coming from all over the place. Lots of family, friends, friends of family and friends praying for me. Totally needed, totally appreciated. Saying my own prayers and doing my best to hand this over to God. Certainly out of my hands. Wanting to figure out what His message is for me in all this. Have to admit I've been pretty stressed today. Down time over holidays creating a lot of time for thinking. Too much time. Just wanting to move forward with treatment and get on with it. Will try to post tomorrow with any update.

2 comments:

  1. Steve, this is a great idea. It will make communication easier and let you get some of your thoughts on paper (so to speak). Lord knows I am not the correct person to talk about diet, but I have read some interesting things about eating the right foods can help. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this a great idea too, Steve! Glad you liked the tea :)
    Love you!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete