21 December 2009

Priceless

Getting a portal implanted - $6337
One round Dr. Ahmed's Magic Elixer - $9746
Having a great bunch of friends and family - $$Priceless$$

Seriously, you all have been a great support as I went through this first round of chemotherapy.  I weathered the first cycle really well with only some minor level of discomfort and everything at this point is largely back to normal.  I'm really thankful I will be able to enjoy the holidays without having to deal with side effects from the treatments.  Next round begins the 28th.  I'll be a real dud by New Year's eve.  Kim is going to have to either prop me up in a major way or find another date.

Speaking of priceless, I can't help but contemplate the greatest gift we've all had bestowed upon us.

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."  Mat 1:21

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us."  John 1:14

Merry Christmas

3 comments:

  1. Good to see the attitude (humor) is still there. We talked about that at the beginning of the journey. Talked to your Mom today and got a little update. It was good to see her. I am glad you are getting through with minimal discomfort. Keep the faith. Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Steve!

    I've been following your blog through Edie Aldridge's site; she has it all linked up and it's so nice and convenient! :D

    I know I didn't get a chance to talk with you last night at church, but it was great seeing you, especially in such great spirits. Your attitude and reliance upon God have been an encouragement to me recently. Even as I was singing, I was thinking about how the words held so much hope for you during this time:

    "...if God is with us, who could stand against us. Our God is with us, Immanuel."

    Have a spectacular day!

    Chris Floyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing information that is actually helpful. Good day!

    Draperies

    ReplyDelete