12 December 2009

Observations

All the cards, calls, texts, emails are great. These are really uplifting for me. I really appreciate all of you and am blessed to have such people in my life.

As the week progresses the energy is really draining from me.  I've worked when I could but find in increasingly difficult to cocentrate for longer periods of time.  Thankfully I shed the pump yesterday and the poison is no longer being injected.  I'm hoping in a few more days I'll start to feel an upswing again.

Physical symptoms were manageable this week.  In reality, while it is uncomfortable, it has not been horrible.  Headaches almost all the time but relatively controllable.  I have no feeling of being hungry or full but am able to eat.  Things definitely taste different but still ok.  Dry, pasty mouth.  No real nausea to speak of.

The head game this is playing on me is really the most difficult part right now.  Left is right, up is down - everything seems to need to be re-calibrated.  All my worries surfacing.  I don't know how to make commitments to people because I don't kow what I will be feeling like.  Clearly the human in me is still holding on and not letting go of this to God.  This is where I need your prayers. 

Even in this short period of treatment I have gotten a whole new perspecitve on many things.  There are easy one's - make the most of now, don't take your health for granted.  But there are truly places where this will go much deeper.  The spiritual side of this is just beginning and I'm seeing Kim in a much different way than I have in years.  There is a lot of upside potential in this.

2 comments:

  1. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

    Dear Steve, when I heard this passage in church and knowing of this trial, I just wanted to tell you I immediately thought of you. I am so grateful you are my friend! Sincerely, +rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,

    I've just had a chance to read through your blog. I want you to know that I am praying for you with my family. Praying for healing and God's peace. Here's a verse to ponder.

    "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or image, according to his power..." Ephesians 3:20.

    - Greg Miller

    ReplyDelete